Guide To Buying a Deadlift Jack
A deadlift jack is a kind of racking apparatus on which you rest the bar before and after lifting so you can effortlessly load and unload plates. It saves you time and effort when deadlifting by not having to lift one entire side of the bar before removing or adding a plate.
Product Comparison Table
What To Look for
Compact jack vs. Full-size jack
- If you want to save some money, you can choose compact jacks. They basically let you hold up the barbell one side at a time, rather than lifting the whole barbell. Their only drawback is that they are not as stable as a regular deadlift jack which lifts the whole barbell.
- If you’re lifting really heavy – think 600lbs and over – a full-size jack is really the only way to go at that point. Compact jacks could come off balance, and catch your fingers between the plates and the floor.
A good jack should not require you to bend a lot.
Go for jacks that don’t require you to bend over too much and are stable on their own so that you can focus on changing plates without having to worry about the rack toppling over.
The purpose of using a deadlift jack is to make your deadlifting experience smoother, so the jack you choose needs to be easy to lift and move around quickly, otherwise it would be counterproductive to what you need it for.
Inspect the construction quality for optimum functionality and barbell protection.
- Regardless of whether you go for a full-size jack or compact jack, it should be made from low gauge steel, have clean welds, and a powder coating.
- The powder coating is especially beneficial if you want to keep your barbell from getting scratches.
Best Deadlift Jack Overall
Rogue HD Bar Jack
- Multiple wheels for easy transportation
- Makes loading and unloading extremely quick and efficient
- Can take up to 800 lbs
Best Mid-Range Deadlift Jack
ROGUE DEADLIFT BAR JACK
- Lightweight jack
- Clean welds, synonymous with rogue construction
- Protective plastic coating to prevent scratches to bar and jack
- No wheels make it difficult to maneuver
Best Deadlift Jack On A Budget
Yes4All Mini Deadlift Barbell Jack
- Anti-slip grip
- Handle assists in easy loading and unloading
- One year warranty coverage
- Ideal for small home gyms
- You will have to bend while loading/unloading
- Doesn’t function as elegantly as a full-sized jack